How Do I Move A Library Between Computers?
February 22, 2011
- From your EndNote library, click on the Sync icon in the EndNote menu bar.
- If prompted, enter your EndNote login, or click the Sign Up box to create one.
- Once synced – go to the File menu in EndNote and select Save a Copy….
Note: The library needs to have exactly the same name as the original, so delete the [space]Copy from the filename.
- Copy this library (*.enl – and its *.data folder) to your other machine. (The file and folder must be kept together.)
- Click on the *.enl file to open the Library on the new machine.
- Click the Sync button in the EndNote menu.
- If prompted, enter your EndNote login.
The new Library will be updated from the online version. Any changes made on one Library will show up on the other.
Note: If your Library contains a lot of pdfs this may take some time.
Will need to upgrade to the curent version to take advantage of the Sync feature.