EndNote X9.3 Update
January 23, 2020
EndNote X9.3 is available. You can use the Check for Updates… option in EndNote under the Help (Windows) or EndNote (Mac) menu.
If this doesn’t work you can download the update and install manually.
Once installed, EndNote may require you to convert and save your Library. If it does – do the following to ensure the EndNote syncing (and other functions) works for the new library:
- Save the converted library to exactly the same location as the existng one. Also use the default name to save the new version of your library (eg: My EndNote Library-converted.enl)
- Once the new library is converted and working, quit out of EndNote.
- Delete your original Library and its data folder
- Rename the converted library as exactly the same as the original one. (eg: My EndNote Library.enl and My EndNote Library.data)
- Click on the renamed library to open it
Syncing for the new library (if you had it) should now function as before. If you have any issues – feel free to contact the library.