HIKER Group founding member, Scott McLachlan, completes PhD in record time
December 18, 2019
We are excited to receive the news that HIKER Group founding member, Scott McLachlan, successfully defended his doctoral thesis on Monday, 16 December 2019. The announcement from Prof Norman Fenton, head of the RIM Group within the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science at Queen Mary University of London, his main supervisor, reads in part:
I am pleased to announce that Scott has passed his PhD viva with minor corrections.
His thesis title is: “HEALTH INFORMATION STANDARDISATION AS A BASIS FOR LEARNING HEALTH SYSTEMS”
This was a particularly impressive achievement because Scott completed in 2 years despite only being registered part-time (indeed we had to get a suspension of regulations to allow a part-time thesis to be submitted so early). This may be something of a record. During the 2 years he has published 6 papers.
- Dr Scott McLachlan on UK Government’s latest about-face on the NHS Contact Tracing App
- New journal article: Bayesian Networks in Healthcare: Distribution by Medical Condition
- LHS Journal Paper – Award for the Most Downloaded Paper in Recent Publication History
- CoViD-19 Contact Tracing Apps – Thorny Problems
- Bayesian Networks in Healthcare Paper Accepted in Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Journal